Domain name: CHATEAU de L’ILLE
F-11440 PEYRIAC de MER
Name of the wine: Louis
Alcoholic degree: 13.5°
Available in: 75 cl
– Grape: Mourvèdre and Syrah
– Floor type: Clay-limestone land for mourvèdre and red pebble terraces for Syrah.
– Yield: 35 hl/ha
– Age of the vines: More than 30 years
– Winemaking: Traditional for Mourvèdre and whole bunches for Syrah.
– Breeding: The wines are blended at the end of the malolactic fermentation and bottled after 10 months in stainless steel vats for syrah and in barrels for the mourvedre.
Robe: Bright garnet.
Noze: Powerful black fruit, scrubland and vanilla.
Stuffy: Berries, candied fruit, black olive. Tannins well present but well melted; long in the mouth.
– Gastronomy – Food pairing:
Serve at 16-18 C °
Accompany: The dishes and cheeses with affirmed flavors.
– Words of the winemaker:
The Louis cuvée is the first of its kind in the estate. First created in 2009 with the 2008 harvest, it has a strong and velvety character.
It deserves its position as cuvée head of the estate.