Domain name: CHATEAU de L’ILLE
F-11440 PEYRIAC de MER
Name of the wine: Angélique
Alcoholic degree: 13,5 °
Available in: 75 cl
– Grape: Syrah and Grenache.
– Floor type: Syrah is planted on red pebble terraces, Grenache on clay-limestone soil. This terroir is caressed by gentle winds of the sea that temper the sun.
– Yield: 35 hl/ha
– Age of the vines: On average 33 years.
– Harvest: The syrahs are carefully picked by hand, placed in containers and transported to the cellar with care to avoid crushing the grapes. The grenache is picked by machine and meticulously destemmed.
– Winemaking: The maceration of the syrahs is spread over 21 days according to the ancestral technique of carbonic maceration. The grenache is macerated for 15 days, with regular racking to encourage the extraction of the best tannins from the grapes.
– Breeding: The wines are blended at the end of the malolactic fermentation and bottled after 10 months in stainless steel vats for syrah and in barrels for the mourvedre.
Robe: Ruby red backed.
Noze: Powerful and pleasant with notes of red berries.
Stuffy: A balanced structure with aromas of ripe fruit and kirsch. Light iodized taste. Tannins melted and long in the mouth.
– Gastronomy – Food pairing:
Serve at 18 C °
Accompany: Roasted leg of beef, duck breast, grilled meat, lamb, poultry, red meat, cheese.
– Words of the winemaker:
Angélique is the cuvée that has collected the most awards.
It has won two Coups de Cœur at the Guide Hachette and at least one gold medal in all the competitions it has entered.