Domain name: CHATEAU de L’ILLE
F-11440 PEYRIAC de MER
Name of the wine: Alexandre
Alcoholic degree: 12.5°
Available in: 75 cl
– Grape: Syrah, Grenache Black
– Floor type: The vines are planted a few metres from the Bages and Sigean ponds, on clay-limestone soils. This terroir is caressed by gentle sea winds, which temper the sunshine.
– Yield: 35 hl/ha
– Age of the vines: In average 30 years
– Breeding: In stainless steel vats for 4 months on fine lees, and bottling early setting to maintain the intensity of aromas.
Robe: Bright pink, bright and colorful.
Noze: Very fine, scented with notes of red fruits and English candy.
Stuffy: Long and complex. Red fruits, bananas and violets give the whole a generous harmony.
– Gastronomy – Food pairing:
Serve at 10 C °
Accompany: Pizzas, cheeses, salads.
– Words of the winemaker:
The 80% of Syrah vinified at low temperature gives the Alexandre cuvée a fruity taste that has been consistently found every year for over 20 years.